Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Half-Hearted Posting

Well, I am putting up a post but it is only half-heartedly. I have been really sucking at posting on my blog lately and I just wanted to put something new on here so that I could say I don't suck too bad.

Anyway, I have bad news. My car is on it's last legs. So sad. I love my little jeep (my dad would argue with me here that it is HIS little jeep, but you get the idea). A while back it overheated a little and then wouldn't start and when I took it in and got it fixed the mechanic mentioned to me that the exhaust manifold was cracked. He also said he understood that money is always important and since I had to pay about $600 to get the rest of the car fixed and I probably couldn't afford to fix it I could leave it as long as I don't do too much highway driving. So, that is still wrong with it (I never got it fixed) but now to add to that it is leaking oil in several places. I took it to the mechanic again and he said that it really wasn't worth it to fix it since it had so many kilometers on it.

My dad's suggestion is to just drive it until it dies but then I would be stuck with no car. So I am trying to take care of the problem now. The only problem is that I don't know if I want to buy a car here in Oregon and register it and stuff and get my license changed over because I am not sure how long I am going to live here in Oregon and it might be more hassle than it is worth. But then again, I am not sure I want to continue what I am doing which is have my car registered in Canada. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

AG said...

Live in the NOW - not the past or the future - Live in the NOW. (that's my thought)