Monday, April 23, 2007

Time passes strangely ...

So I know I haven't updated in a while, but it is because pretty much nothing is different than the last time I posted. Well, we don't have steak and shrimp leftovers anymore, but other than that it is the same. Haha.

I haven't finished my sweater yet or the afghan I am knitting for my friend Shara. I haven't written my letter for the family newsletter (it is just what is sounds like - every person in my family writes a letter and it is put into a book by my grandma and we all get a copy). I haven't got a job yet. I am living with my parents (which is boring).

Mostly I end up watching a lot of movies (we only have three TV channels) and taking lots of trips to Vulcan or Lethbridge for things that my dad wants like gas (we live at least half an hour from a gas station and he doesn't want to go all the way there in his truck so I go in the car with a jerry can). That is pretty much it.

I went for a walk twice yesterday - once with my bro and once alone. It was nice and it helped clear my throat and lungs so I could breathe correctly which is nice since I have been having a hard time breathing since I have been home due to all the dust and smoke.

On wed we are leaving to go back to Utah so I can walk for graduation and get the rest of my stuff straightened out. Grad should be interesting for a few reasons. One is my bro JR is coming with us. Originally we were going to pick up the rest of my stuff from Utah, but since he and his girlfriend Jessie are coming I don't think it will all fit now. But he hasn't been to Utah for a long time because he didn't think he could cross the border (for reasons I won't discuss right here) so it will be good for him to be able to visit my family who are there. Another reason grad will be interesting is that Dick Cheney is speaking at our commencement. A third reason is just that I will finally get all my stuff moved and packed (even if it doesn't all come home with me yet) and then I officially won't live in Utah anymore which is weird since I have lived there for five years now. There is so much I want to do for the short period of time we will be there that I am sure I won't sleep much. Oh well, it will be good to have something to do.

Well, I am going to go for now, but I will try not to take so long next time - as long as something happens. I actually plan to work on my sweater in the next few days so I should be able to post a pic of that soon. And I will put grad pics up after that too. Just a little something to look forward to!

No comments: