Saturday, September 19, 2009

So

Well, it is Saturday and guess what I am busy doing? You got it, dear reading, working. What else do I ever do? Nothing it seems. But I have tomorrow off. And I have next Wed off as well. So that is something right?

Anyway, I don't really have much to say right now, other than I am a little bored at work. I know that I have stuff I should be doing, but I am feeling way too lazy to do any of that stuff. I have been feeling that way a lot lately about work - which is not good. I have this huge to-do list and so little motivation to do it. Gah.

Last week my uncle died. My dad's older brother. He was only 57 or so and they say that the official cause of death is a heart-attack but there was probably more to it than that since he was a heavy drinker his whole life, plus he had some sort of leg issue not too long ago. Anyway, regardless of the cause of death he is gone now. It is sad. My whole family went to the funeral - even Johnny went (and now I find myself wondering if he acted like he did at the wedding we went to in the summer - haha). I, of course, wasn't there because I was, of course, working. And it would have been very expensive to fly home for that and I have no dinero. Mom said it was a nice service. She said that Auntie Wendy spoke (that was Reb's wife) and she held herself together pretty good. She is an amazing woman. She just got through having a mastectomy because of breast cancer (I know it is odd I put that - why else would she have a mastectomy?) and now this happened. I don't know them all that well - we never visited them a lot when I was younger, and when we did I just wanted to go play and not hang out with the adults, but from what I do know she has great faith in God which I think helps her be so strong in the face of adversity. I hope I can be like that.

RIP Uncle Reb, you will be missed.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Mandi,

For the love, quit your job, and get a change of life! It's slowly sucking every bit of happiness from your soul. I haven't seen a happy post in months. Go to New York or Canada or something, but just do it now. Don't think about it. Just put yourself into action mode and do it.

That is my opinion, and I am sticking to it!