Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cruise: Day 1

Okay guys, I have had lots of people asking about my cruise and I have been saying "I am going to post about it on my blog ... just wait a little" but I still haven't posted anything because I am too busy doing nothing. So, without further ado, here is post number one of the cruise (and this one is all about our day traveling so it is boring anyway)

So, the thing that was stupid was I agreed to work a night shift the night before. I thought it would be a good idea since I wouldn't really be able to sleep anyway, and it was good for that reason, but oh my gosh did I end up tired.

I got off work at 7am. Then I showered and finished packing my last things and headed off to my parents' house (an hour away from my place). Dad had taken the car for a little drive when I got there so we had to wait a little bit, but soon enough we put all our stuff in my Mom's car and headed to the airport (in Calgary, 2 hours away).

We got to Calgary and parked the car in this Park 2 Go place. It was awesome - you just tell them when you are returning and they warm it up for you so that you don't freeze your butt off when you start the drive home. It was amazing. I digress. We got to the airport, got all checked in and through security and then we waited. Our flight was supposed to leave at like 2pm but it was delayed by about an hour (maybe an hour and a half). I tried sleeping in the airport, but I only managed to sleep for probably 20 mins. I kept waking up during announcements and all that crap. Here is a pic of me trying to catch a few winks.

So, after finally taking off we flew from Calgary to Dallas/Fort Worth, then from there to Miami. We were supposed to have a layover for about an hour and a half, but due to the delay, we basically just walked straight from one gate to the next (lucky they were so close to each other - it was the shortest layover I have ever had in my life so you know). The problem was that once we got to Miami we were STARVING not to mention I was still so tired. I tried to sleep on the planes but that didn't really happen because, again, excitement. Also, I was kinda loopy by then so I wasn't feeling tired, just funny. :D

 This is a pretty picture that I took from the plane. I think we were over Wyoming when I took this. By the way, that is the moon.

These ones were taken once we got to Miami. We were waiting for the hotel shuttle and we were sleepy. I had been awake for thirty something hours at this point (give or take 20 mins here and there that I slept on airplanes). But since we were starving, that took first priority. Luckily we managed to get the shuttle driver to go through the Burger King drive through for us. Then we went to the hotel, got checked in (it was so quick!) and then got to our room. We ate quick and then crashed. 

The hotel room was awesome. It was a little suite with a kitchenette, a little living room type thing, and a bedroom. Pics of that are below. It was so nice after all the traveling and stuff to get some sleep.

Tomorrow we board the cruise!


Jasmine said...

Are you sure it was the shortest layover you have EVER had?? Remember that layover in salt lake on the way to Orlando when we had to run to the next gate!?!?!

exclusive_remedy said...

Jasmine! It was even shorter than that layover - but just barely. I think only because the gates were so close to one another that all I had to do was walk 2 gates over. I was only in the airport for about a minute. It was pretty ridiculous.