Monday, April 13, 2009

Changes

So, obviously I am going to change my posting promises to 'I will post every weekday, except sometimes on Fridays' because that is all I do anyway. Oh well.

So last Thursday I went to sushi night with some people and I have to say that I enjoyed the sushi more than I ever have in the past. I am not sure if it is just that I know what to get now or if sushi is just growing on me (well, not literally because that is gross) but I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next time. Mmm.

Friday my roommate and I went to see a movie - we saw 'The Knowing' and it was okay. I am such a movie guesser and I like to try to figure out what is going to happen before it happens - and I am usually right. Just like I was with this movie. There is a line right at the beginning that gives it away for the most part. Jasmine said she was shocked but I wasn't. And the worst part is I can't turn it off - I can't just enjoy a movie and not try to predict what will happen. Oh well I guess.

Then on Saturday we went to 5 Guys again - but this time my clothing all stayed where it was supposed to! Thank goodness! Hallelujah. Also, my roomies made some chocolate truffle stuff that turned out more fudgey than anything, but it still tasted amazing.

Yesterday I made an effort to pay attention in Church. I realized I am not paying attention very much and I am too often leaving early for no reason other than I don't feel like staying - but if I am not paying attention then of course I won't feel like staying because it just seems like I am sitting there for 3 hours for no reason. It was good. I enjoyed all the lessons and talks and I am going to continue to try to make an effort to actually listen.

Then at night we went to a friend's house to eat an Easter dinner. It was really good. I enjoy hanging out with people and eating and chatting and stuff.

All in all, it was a good weekend. And now, back to the week. I am trying to figure out a time when I can go visit my family. I am also trying to figure out a time I can go visit my old roommate who now lives in Kansas. I miss her and I need some time away. Wish me luck in the figuring!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when you say 5 guys, are you refering to 5 Guys' Burgers and Fries? Because I just noticed that place when I was at Costco the other day and decided I wanted to go there based on the name. Then my bosses got some for lunch and after sampling said fries I realized that I didn't just want to go there, I MUST go there! So is it wonderful?