Monday, January 31, 2011

Conclusion

Well, that's it. Those are all the friends I have. Peace out.

.....................

Okay, not really.

I have a hard time ending things. I love writing stories, but I find it very difficult to end them because I don't know how to appropriately do it. I think maybe because I am still in the middle of my own story, or maybe even just in the first few chapters (nothing too exciting has happened so far), and since I haven't experienced a good ending I am not sure how best to write one. 

You know as well as I do that there are a lot of other friends that I have that I haven't mentioned here on this little blog - lets face it, you live for 27 years and you meet a lot of people. But I just don't have time, or the energy, and, let's face it again, I am kinda lazy. And if I didn't mention you on here then don't be offended, I really do love you, but I just am lame and left you out cause I suck I guess.

I think the main thing that I want to conclude with is that I am really grateful that I have had the chance to meet and get to know all the friends that I have talked about here, and all the friends that I haven't had the chance to mention on here. I am really one lucky girl. I know that I have been lucky my whole life to have the opportunities that I have had to meet the people that I have met in my life. I am very lucky that I had such a good string of roommates my whole life as well.And I know that the list will just continue as I keep on going in my life.

I have no idea what will happen next. I don't have everything all planned out (fooled you didn't I? You thought I had it all figured out). I don't even have the next step planned. I don't know what I am going to do after this job or this city or this apartment. I don't know where I will be 10 years from now, or 5 years from now, or even next month for that matter. There is one thing that I do know though - it will be awesome. Partly because I will make it that way - I have talked about how I learned from a lot of my friends the importance of a good attitude - but also because there are a lot of great people out there that I haven't met yet. At least, I assume there are, I can't be POSITIVE because I haven't actually met them. haha.

I am going to recap the things I have learned from my friends. I learned to walk and talk. I learned to stay cool in a crisis. I learned to love other people, even when they aren't perfect. I learned that family is important. I learned the importance of picking my battles, and how to pick the right ones. I learned how to be kind and yet firm. I learned that it is better to be truthful and trusting. I learned that all kinds of friendships can occur, seemingly out of nowhere. I learned that connections can happen anywhere - it really is a small world. I learned that attitude is really important. I learned that all people have redeeming qualities, and that everyone deserves a second chance. I learned that I can get along with a large variety of people. I learned that I LIKE getting along with a variety of people. I learned that different people can teach me new things about themselves and about myself. I learned that I have things in common with lots of people, but I am also have huge differences from a lot of people - and both of those things are good. I learned that the differences between people is what makes things fun. I learned to always be myself and to not care what other people think - if they don't like me for who I am then I shouldn't want to be friends with them anyway. I learned that it can be fun to go out of your comfort zone. I learned that things that were once out of your comfort zone can actually, over time, become part of your comfort zone. I learned that it can take time to find out who you really are, and that is okay, you can still make great friends on your way. I have learned that crying isn't weak. I learned that as much as I want to, I can't manage other people's feelings. I learned that I am never too old to have fun. I learned that I am not too fat to have fun either. I learned that talking things through is a good idea, even though it can be difficult to do sometimes. I learned to not be afraid of what other people think, but to go for what I want, even if it seems hard or scary. I learned that asking guys out on dates isn't the end of the world. I learned it is good to be yourself. I learned that sharing different opinions isn't always a bad thing. I learned that it is okay to make the decision that is best for yourself and not think about other people; it is okay to be selfish once in a while. I learned that keeping in touch with friends is important. I learned that making more money doesn't always make you happier, but it CAN. I learned that sometimes it is just time to move ont. I learned that sometimes things can go fast, but that is okay. I learned that sometimes you need to leap before you look. I learned that when you are in a new place you need to make the most of it and explore. I learned that hard work can be rewarding. I learned that everyone has some sort of redeeming quality, and usually, it isn't that hard to find. I learned to love others and to show that in whatever way possible, because you never know how you are affecting someone else's day, or month, or life. I learned that love at first kiss can happen. I learned you can be comfortable with someone instantly. I learned that weight loss happens in real life, and not just on tv or in the movies. I learned that true happiness can come from a short courtship and engagement. I learned that it is possible to hang out with an engaged couple without feeling like a third wheel (I know, amazing right?) I learned that you can be happy for someone else and sad for you all at the same time. I learned that you can recover from heart-break. I learned that sometimes what you think you want for your life isn't really what is best for your life. I learned that sometimes it is okay to take a break for a while to get back on your feet. I learned that it isn't weakness to admit that you aren't doing okay. I learned to not regret things that you didn't do, just to learn from them and make better mistakes in the future. I learned that it is okay to let someone in quickly. I learned to always be nice, no matter how frustrated you are. I learned to always be worried about other people's feelings. I learned to always be who I am, even if it is unexpected. I learned to look on the bright side. I learned to laugh and have fun. I learned that it is good to do things that scare the crap out of you (every once in a while at least). I learned that a broken heart can mend, and bounce back better than ever. I learned to be confident. I learned to be social and outgoing. I learned that it is good to approach someone you don't know and talk to them, because probably they are just as freaked out as you are. I learned it is never too late to fix your life - if you think something needs fixing, then work on it and it can be fixed, simple as that. I learned that good people can have crappy things happen to them, but you can still chose to be positive and grow out of those experiences. I learned that I am lovable and worth protecting. I learned that I am a good judge of character and I can make good decisions. I learned that a short fuse isn't good, and drinking just shortens it. I learned that out of adversity and out of hurt, we can be changed for the better.  I learned that we are all given gifts and talents and not to be embarrassed about sharing those gifts with other people. I learned that everyone has a different story to tell. I learned that creativity should always be expressed. I learned that positive reinforcement is good. I learned that I am a good listener and I am good at being there for others. I learned that even as a person changes over time, they are still always worth loving. I learned how to get along with people I didn't always see eye-to-eye with. I learned that sometimes kids, and people in general, can be mean, but that doesn't mean they are evil.

I want to thank all of you who are my friends. You mean a lot to me and so do the things that I have learned from you. Keep being awesome and teaching me things I need to know :D

No comments: